Tuesday, April 10, 2012

St. Patrick's Day 5k

So, now that I am on a running/race kick, I decided to do the St. Patrick's Day 5k in Redondo Beach.
It started in the middle of the Riviera Village (which is like a 2-minute walk from my apartment) and I realized that I didn't have any excuses not to do it since it was so close to me.  
However, it was raining :)


I had tucked my phone under my shirt so it wouldn't get wet, so I had to keep holding onto it so it wouldn't fall out.



My friend Susie did the race with her son, Seger.



Susie and I - wet!

Even though it started raining after running the first few minutes, it was a lot of fun and kinda a nice change since I normally don't run in the rain by choice.  

I had a great time and then we all hung out for a little bit after the race and had some food and drinks.  Great way to start a St. Patrick's Day :)

No comments: