Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter '12

My parents came down to Redondo Beach again this year for Easter.  Lindy had found a 1st Annual Buny Hop 5k/10k walk/run in Long Beach for Saturday (the day before Easter) and we somehow talked my parents into doing it.  My mom and dad did the 5k and Lindy and I did the 10k.

Dad getting excited

Lindy with her bunny tail and mom with bunny ears.


Pre-race

Mom and dad starting

Running machines

Me running (and I was sick too)

Lindy Lou running

Me after 6.2 miles - finally done!

Getting a medal :)



We are so fit

Then - nap time


Dinner at the Kettle in Manhattan Beach

Lindy taking her lettuce home (which she never ate, by the way)

Lindy crunching up vanilla wafers for the dessert they were making

Matilda and dad relaxing

Technical difficulties

Sherri with our array of egg dyes - we got fancy this year and had tie dyed eggs as well as 3-D eggs

Lindy didn't make it to the dying eggs part - but she had on her 3-D glasses just in case


Dying eggs

Easter bunny came!



Church at St. James - and we found Janna :)














Easter dinner - round 1

Jim Joe's no-oil fryer

The gang very involved in the Buzz trivia game

Pyramid! Jim Joe, Ruse, Jared, Marisa
Sherri, Me, Lauren
Lindy
Dad and Mom


We had a great time and I like that we have been keeping the pyramid tradition alive - 2 holidays so far!

1 comment:

Carrie Elizabeth said...

I love Easter with your fam! And will always remember the Easter/earthquake/Carrie-I need 4 hot teas episode ;)