Thursday, August 11, 2011

Summer Bridge, etc.

Let me just preface all of this by saying that this has been an extremely long summer.  I knew it was going to turn crazy if I got this Summer Bridge program, but I had no idea how crazy it would get.

Throughout all of this 6-week program, I also somehow got a job this Fall semester at the local community college, El Camino, as an in-class tutor.  This is my parking pass:


Then during the Summer Bridge we went to our new art gallery on campus and saw some art:








It was actually a great experience and a really neat place.  I hope to come here more often when I'm a student.  


Kevin has this plan that he's going to buy a ukulele in Hawaii and learn to play.  In the meantime he bought an app for it on the iPad lol and he's practicing.  


Last week was a little rough and I actually threw three students out because they didn't bring the reading.  These are photos of the rest of the students behaving beautifully after I threw the other three out :)



Final class, today.  Some of my students that I have grown attached to.  I will miss them, even though I wasn't so sure in the beginning :)


And this is the mess Danny left in our spare room the morning he left for more training in San Luis.  

2 days until Hawaii!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: