Saturday, August 6, 2011

New toys

So, we are heading to Hawaii in one week and of what happens?  Of course, my video camera dies.  Brooks had just been visiting us two weeks ago and we were using it to look back at our Europe videos and reminiscing on how much fun we had.  Then I had it with me to take into the camera shop because it had been making a lot of error messages on it - like when I would try to record something it would say cassette error and make me re-insert the cassette and then it would work until I paused it or stopped recording and then tried to record again.  This was especially annoying when I was trying to film my friend Bryan's wedding and that message kept popping up.

But, when I took it in to the shop to be looked at, for the first time ever the part where the cassette goes into wouldn't close back into the camera.  It was stuck open and wouldn't budge at all.  And then when I told the guy at the store that it as the first time it had done this but I also explained the message that was popping up and he was just like, um, that's not a good message.  Basically it would have cost over $200 for them to look at it and attempt to fix it.

Soo . . . we of course decided to just buy a new one because it isn't worth it anymore to fix anything (the camera is 6 years old - we bought it to go to Europe in 2005).  This also "counts" as part of my birthday present haha.





So, now this camera uses flash drives instead of tapes and Martin and Ash got almost the same kind for Christmas so they could video Emilie.  I can't wait to use it in Hawaii, for our September Verissimo party and when we visit Bryan, Erika and the boys.  Can't wait :)

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Can't wait to see videos from HI:)

Shannon said...

Hope you have an awesome time in Hawaii!

Jennifer Verissimo Triplett said...

Thanks guys! I seriously can't wait

Carrie Elizabeth said...

Yay another Canon product! We could seriously be spokespeople for Apple and Canon ;) I can't wait to hear how much you love this new toy! Oh, and post videos from Hawaii on FB please; thanks.

Jennifer Verissimo Triplett said...

lol we are totally all about Canon and Apple - love it!