Saturday, January 8, 2011

January in N.Y. [for Carrie and Jamie]

Well our dear friends Jamie and Carrie left us a week ago on New Year's Day - talk about starting the New Year off with a bang!  I have known Carrie since the day Kevin and I [and Carrie] all got hired together during a big interview session at Kincaid's and Nick was crazy enough to hire all of us and we somehow all managed to stay working there [until Carrie just quit].  Initially there were like 9 people hired and the 3 of us are the only ones who stayed.  We met Jamie by working at Kincaid's, too, but she had already been working there for a few years before we got hired.

Carrie and Jamie had quite the send-off - there was a going away party at Hudson House:

This is the group of girls - 
Back row: Marisa, Jessie, Ashley, Jules, Rani
Front Row: Sherri, Jamie, Kristie, Carrie and Me

Carrie, Susie, Jamie and Me [Nick in the background]


Me, Jamie and Kev

Then they had their last shift at work and of course we had to have a "last day of work get-together"

This is Me, Marisa, Jessie, Susie and Carrie [I think Jamie was almost done]

We went over to Tony's afterwards and I think it really hit me that they were actually going to be leaving and this would be the last time I'd see them because we were going to be leaving to go home for Christmas and their flights were the day after we'd get back into town [and they had all their families and friends to say good-bye to so we probably wouldn't see them].  I started getting teary-eyed and sad thinking about all the time we had all spent together working at Kincaid's and all of our fun adventures and things that we had done together.  Needless to say, I was pretty emotional but it was good to actually say good-bye and have some time with them in a smaller group.

THEN their flight was delayed due to storms in New York so we were able to have one last official good-bye with Carrie.



Carrie, Susie, Marisa and Me 

The girls officially left on January 1st but Carrie has already found a job at a bar/restaurant and they went there with an apartment already lined up and ready for them to move into.  

Good luck with New York ladies!  Hope to visit and see you guys soon :)

3 comments:

Marisa Marinos said...

There were many "last get away" nights.
Many, "only one more time".
As well as, "ones last time" that was the greatest part of them leaving.
I will never be able to hear Rocket Man without thinking of Gingie and Jamie leaving.
Good Times with Good People!
I love you girls!

Carrie Elizabeth said...

I love this post! I had such a hard time saying goodbye to you all. I think it hit me (last night) at work how much I miss all of you girls. The girls here are very different and that will take time getting used to. I am so happy we had so many fun memories before we took off. And I love knowing how we will always remain friends no matter how far apart we are. Love you Jennifer!

Jamie said...

Awwww I'm a blog star! I feel so special:) One of your many amazing qualities btw is making your loved ones feel good. I miss that and everything else about you... so come visit;)