Thursday, January 27, 2011

Big Bear!

After I got off work Sunday night (later on after the Bears game), Kevin and I were talking about what to do on Monday since we were both going to have the whole day free.  School was going to be starting on Tuesday and the craziness was about to begin with the whole school, work thing so we wanted to do something fun on Monday.  I had heard that a few people at work were going snowboarding and my parents had just brought all of our snowboarding gear down to us during Thanksgiving so we jumped at the chance to go because we weren't sure if we'd have another chance to go.

Devin, Kev and Uly on the first run of the day at Big Bear

Me and Kev - it was a beautiful day (though it was a little icy and the conditions weren't the best, but it was still perfect)

My hair do - apparently I'm incorporating the Snooki look on the slopes :)


My action shot :)

After I lost my gloves on the lift, Kevin went back and rescued them for me 

The guys on the trip - Kev, Devin, Uly, Lev and Randy

We hadn't gone snowboarding in two years and it was really nice to go snowboarding again - even though it was icy and hadn't snowed in quite awhile.  Sometimes last minute trips are the best, and this was definitely one of the times when everything just worked out perfectly and we were able to go to the snow and enjoy ourselves for the day before our schedules got super crazy.

Now, on to the next semester of school and all the papers and reading and studying to be had!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Glad you got to have a great day off. It is so nice when you are free from work and school at the same time... good luck with this semester... is it your last?

Jennifer Verissimo Triplett said...

I think i will have 2 more - it's a long story but they aren't offering all the classes I need this semester so it looks like I will trickle over into next year