Monday, February 21, 2011

Strand Brewing Co. Brewery Tour

Today Rich, the co-owner of the Strand Brewing Co., gave a few of us from Kincaid's a tour of the brewery.  Kincaid's was one of the first restaurants/bars to have the Strand 24th St. Pale Ale so it was nice to have a look at one of the up-and-coming local breweries.  [And Kevin has been working there for about the last seven months and of course I hear about the brewery ALL the time haha]

The tanks in the brewery

Kev pouring the Atticus IPA for everyone to sample


Anthony, Vanessa and Dave

Rich talking about beer

Me, sporting the Strand sweatshirt


Kevin's home away from home 

Janna, Jules and Austin

Jules, Austin, Janna, Anthony, Dave, Vanessa


I think everyone had a great time and it was a great chance to gain more knowledge of the brewing process and well as seeing all the different things that Kevin works so hard on.

www.strandbrewing.com/home.html

5 comments:

Mom said...

Looks like fun. I think they need to hire you though to work on their home page and the facebook link does not work. :(

Carrie Elizabeth said...

How fun! I thought about Kev the other day when we had a beer meeting a work and we were trying all different types of new beers we have. I can't wait for you guys to visit here-Kev would LOVE how many hundreds and hundreds of beers NY has!

Jennifer Verissimo Triplett said...

lol Mom, I'll let them know. Yes, Carrie, I'm sure Kevin will love to come visit you and see the vast options :) And I can't wait to visit just to see you haha

Jamie said...

Aw I'm sad I missed this! I love the strand (in a whining voice;)

Kenzo said...

love me a brewery tour! :o)