Friday, February 25, 2011

Current Obsession

Unfortunately, Kevin let it slip a day or two after Valentine's Day that he had seriously contemplated buying me an iPad for Valentine's Day.  I say unfortunately because now I can't stop thinking about the iPad lol.  I am happy that he didn't buy it for me but very appreciative that he thought about getting it for me and that he now supports the idea of getting one :)  I knew that an iPad 2 was in the works and should be coming out soon so I didn't want to get the original iPad so close to the launch of a 2nd.  Kevin also thought about that [and the price haha] and decided it was best to wait for the 2nd one to come out.


The original iPad


The ability to read books on it like a Kindle

So, ever since Kevin told me about his plans to buy me one, I have been researching the original, reviews of it and also any information that may be leaked about the 2nd.  And then, finally, it was leaked online that there will be a meeting on March 2nd about the new iPad 2!


So, even though it will be announced and all the cool new stuff that is going to be added to the iPad 2 will be shown, it probably won't actually be on sale until this summer, which is fine.  This gives us a few months to save up for it and then it won't just be a splurge purchase :)  Possibly an anniversary or birthday present?  haha



3 comments:

Ashlie Freeberg said...

Too funny!!! I was hoping it would be out in time for V-Day too, but that didn't happen. Hopefully it won't be summer before the new one is released. I'm thinking it would be a great "Thanks- for- carrying- my- baby- for- 9- months" gift. Haha! I'm going to need something to do while the baby is sleeping ALL day. :-)

Carrie Elizabeth said...

This only means that soon I will need to save up and buy the iPad! I mean we have all of the same technical devices ;) What did he get you for Valentine's? I miss you both! I miss Kevin thinking of gifts for you and asking me whether or not I thought it was a good idea LOL

Jennifer Verissimo Triplett said...

Ash, I know - I hope they don't drag out the day for sale of these things like they tend to do. Let's just make them available already haha. And I agree - you definitely deserve a "thank-you-for-carrying-my-baby-gift!" And let's keep our fingers crossed that the baby DOES sleep all day haha.

Carrie - Yes, you need to start saving now! Kev got me some flowers and one of these packages for like a facial, hair cut, massag, etc that they sell sometimes in the Village. Let's just say that Nick bought one - for himself - for Valentine's Day. hahaha I'm sure that doesn't surprise you. I think Kevin misses having your input on my gifts as well lol. Now he just has Lisa or Marisa to ask. :)