Thursday, August 12, 2010

I Made It!

So, I made it through the wisdom teeth surgery and am back up and running. It was a little touch and go but I had a great nurse (Lindy) and Kev helped me out a lot as well.

The night before the big surgery Janna was kind enough to make me my last meal. It was so good and great company! Janna, Jules, Kevin, Lindy and even Janna's mom [Nana] made an appearance to entertain us. We had lots of food, drinks and laughs and it was a great way to try and forget about the horrendous day that was quickly approaching.




I brought cupcakes from the Yellow Vase for dessert but they were actually quite disappointing - very dry. But we were in luck because Janna had made this amazing dessert that we all wanted to learn how to make.

These are some photos of me, slightly swollen, and my top two teeth that they kept for me after they extracted them. The bottom two had to be broken so they weren't salvageable. It was actually not that bad, I didn't come out of the surgery too groggy [which Kevin was disappointed about] and then spent the next few days on the couch, watching movies. Lindy and I pretty much rented every good movie out there and re-watched two seasons of Arrested Development while I was recovering.




Anyway . . . I went back to work yesterday and it was a little tough, had some headaches and pain but today ended up being a lot easier.

And, Kevin passed his EMT certification test so he can now be an EMT. Congratulations, Kev!



Next up - trapeze!!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

So glad you made it! And congrats to Kev too!

Your Favorite Mom said...

Glad you survived your teeth surgery and had a good nurse!! Also a big SHOUT OUT to Kev!! It will be great to have an EMT in the family (you never know)!! Can't wait to hear all about your birthday. :)